Google Money Master is a huge scam

June 13th, 2009

I’ve been seeing a lot of ‘Google Money Master’ ads on various sites. You click through and you get a page explaining how you can ‘work at home’ (the American Dream, apparently) and a pitch:

Step 1: Get Google Money Master, only pay the $1.95 for shipping.

Step 2: Follow the directions on Google Money Master that basically shows you how to and set up a Google account. Then they will give you the website links to post. Start posting those links. Google tracks everything.

You heard right. It basically shows you how to and set up a Google account. There there are some fake comments at the bottom, which you can’t add to because of ‘problems with spam’ (kudos for that).

What you should do is check Google before attempting to become a Google Money Master:

• complaintsboard.com says: “This is based out of Phillipines. It posts FAKE blogs on how people made money posting stuff on google. They initally took out $2.87 from my account and I just found out they will take out $70 something monthly. Oh and of course the 800 number stays busy so there is no way to contact them.” (and the comments agree)
  • ripoffreport.com says: “A couple of weeks later I received a phone call from a Fredricka Mills from the grant center telling me I would receive 7 free days of google money profit, and 7 free days of advance benefits plus 7/24 medical to try. In return I would receive a gas card and $1,000.00 in grocery vouchers. I told her no thank you I only wanted the grant cd and had not signed up for anything else. She then informed me that I would be charged $39.95 per month to be a member. Well it sure did not say anything about that either when I ordered the grant cd … I thought it was all over until I got this package of membership cards etc. for this advance benefits plus 7/24 medical emergency stuff. I called the grant place back and they told me they were a third party (which is bull) and gave me a phone number to call. In the meantime my credit card was charged $29.95 …”

Long story short, don’t fall for it.

Also of interest the same leaderboard ad shills for a fake Rachael Ray blog at rachelrayblogs.com:

We know we spelt her name wrong, but it’s too late! Did you know most people who search Google actually type the wrong spelling in?

…you don’t say.

NOTE: “Google Money Master” is now “Google Home Income” but it still continues to be a HUGE SCAM.

~Jeff

18 Responses to “Google Money Master is a huge scam”

1. Jennifer says:

Yes I unfortunately fell for this scam. Check this page http://www.reviewopedia.com/google-home-business-kit.htm it has the phone numbers you can call to cancel, thats how I was finally able to do it. I started getting a monthly charge on my CC and had no way to stop it.

2. shiva says:

Google Sightseeing takes you on tour of the world as seen from satellite.http://www.googleeastereggs.com

3. Jessica says:

I was just about to sign up to a site very similar to the site you are talking about. It’s based on the same premise where you can make money online using the links that google gives you. Not sure if its a scam, but it surely sounds like one. The site is Google Home Business Kit.

4. sohbet says:

Thank You very much.

5. None of these scams would be successful if people just did a search…hm, maybe using Google?… :-) to see what other people had to say about the product, before signing up. I just looked this one up to make sure someone, or more than one someone, had already posted that this was a ripoff, so other people would, when they checked, find out about it. I think the best thing to keep in mind, while looking for ways to work from home, is to go to the actual website of the company you want to do work for, and see if they are hiring. Google would obviously have no reason to use this ridiculous-sounding “deal” if they want to hire people to put a Google link on websites, or some such. They would just post the job(s) themselves.

6. Ajit says:

I was about to join the program. It looked very real, even http://ezinearticles.com which I had good faith on, is advertising this stuff. But they asked for about 2,95 dollar to sign up. Then suddenly I became aware of, if they are giving 500$ a day, why they want 2,95 dollar… Is not that more than sufficient not to beleive them?

7. None of these scams would be successful if people just did a search…hm, maybe using Google?… :-)

8. news local says:

very informative post… you might also find this article to be of some use as well – reading it certainly changed the way i handle things now. best of luck and i look forward to reading future posts from you!

9. Adora Thayer says:

Thank you for the added information. I was actually seriously thinking about joining this weekend.

10. debbie says:

i have almost joined this several times but always got afraid. i live monthly an was worried a scam. does anyone know of a legitamate site i can work from home on. very much appreciate a answer if you do. thanks bunches.

11. RobG says:

Wow, I almost fell for this AGAIN. Several times before I thought about joining and when it came to submitting my CC info I thought, no way could this be any good. Why charge me .99 cents when your going to pay me $500 a week? It just didn’t add up. Thankfully I came to my senses and “googled” the program and found this blog. Whew! I definately can not afford to be involved with a scam putting charges on my card! Thanks
    Rob G
    Clearwater, FL

12. thanks for explain things
    scams,,, i never thought my husband said i should read ur post first..

13. Sherrie says:

Beware; this is a huge scam! Not only do these swindlers make false claims in their very real looking news articles, they also fail to tell you that when you commit a $.99 or $1.95 (or whatever their latest bait) for their free kit to Google Adwork or Google Master or whatever they’ve come up with this month (which having nothing at all to do with Google the company), you are really registering for memberships to various online “training resources” that will each start billing your credit card. You can actually find this information in the teeny tiny Terms & Conditions link at the bottom of the pop-up form. They have trial periods that supposedly you can cancel within but you must submit a separate cancellation request for each one. The shortest period claims you must cancel within three days but they don’t even give you three days before they bill your credit card for $130. Even if you do manage to cancel, now these shamsters have your credit card info. Always research too-good-to-be-true solicitations!

14. Amber says:

as soon as i seen my husband had found a site to pay us $500 to look at websites i thought it was a good deal. but i told him if they ask for a credit card # they r scamers well he didnt listen and did it anyway this was two days ago when we came across this website i card the cc and found out they had charged $6.55 to our account! dont do this please they will mess up your life if they get the chance!
    ~amber~

15. Nathan says:

with the economy the way it is…there are many people that are desperate to make money..and that is when scam artists or opportunist will do anything to trick and take our money…but I too also did fall into there trap and spend my hard earned money, even with my wife warning me on many occasions. Like many of you have learned, “Google it” before signing up to anything online

16. Steve says:

I thought this sounded like a too good to believe opportunity. Sure enough after reading your and many others blogs I am glad I didn’t waste my 2 dollars. Thanks for the information. Times are too tough to be throwing away money to these scams. PEOPLE GOOGLE IT BEFORE YOU TRY IT!!!!

17. Arlene says:

Wow! I am sure glad I read all the posts here! I too almost did join up because I wasn’t earning enough for my family. We’re just getting by to eat at the moment and I was desperate…but I decided to do some research and found all your posts! Thank you all for all your warnings! SO greatly appreciate it so much!

18. Arlene says:

I didn’t give them my cc # but does anyone know how to get them to stop calling my cell phone and house # now without changing phone #s?