die musik der bereiche

November 28th, 2006

Ein Alptraum

The Conet Project is a really creepy collection of number stations, which they’ll be happy to explain to you and I posted about a couple weeks back. I was sufficiently charmed by their sinister strangeness — enhanced by the use of music boxes and toy pianos — that I made a piece of music to go with one of them, Swedish Rhapsody. Give it a listen. It’s part of a larger music project I’m doing in my noisy basement studio. Some of it’s noise, some of it’s trancy music.

Here’s the first track good enough to show around the neighborhood, Mädchen, Endut.

(This was crossposted to Monkey Do, Monkey See)

9 Responses to “die musik der bereiche”

1. Jeremy says:

Hey, how many times have I asked you to stop posting grade school pictures of me on the internets? It’s bad enough that I had to have the “procedure,” let alone performed on me by a neighbor in the quiet of his basement, and that the “recovery” took six and a half long (and dark, oh so dark) months… but now to have just any old web browser-owning fool come along and laugh at my past? Not cool, dude. Way not cool.

Hey, it does kind of look like you!

It’s weird that I would find a picture of you on a Google search for “German girl”, though.

3. Jeremy says:

Yes, well. That was before “the doctor” did his, …err, things.

4. cauley says:

Musical achievement aside, I’m just impressed you found a picture as creepy as a little German girl counting over the sound of her broken music box for her “uncle.” Or whatever.

Thank you, Google!

6. cauley says:

Oh, for God’s sake, Jeff, Joshua, Carrie (!), somebody, bump this scoliosis nightmare down the page with a funny post!

Hmmm, I tried writing something funny but it came out depressing. Less creepy than this though…

Is this available as a ringtone? If not, you’re missing an opportunity.

I’m deeply disappointed that there’s not ringtone of “Only by stroking this smooth, smooth cat’s body… will you receive your antidote!”