all food will be eaten this way in the future

August 28th, 2006

E4B

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find it difficult to get five servings of fruit every day. If only somebody could mix them all together, peel them, puree them, pasteurize them and package them in a colorful, Japanese-designed, vacuum-sealed squeezable bag with a little resealable straw-like nozzle at the top.

That would be awesome.

Well, somebody has done all that. I am absolutely in love with e4b’s fruit purees. To the extent that my friends suspect I am working for the company. Which I am not. I just feel passionately about this particular fruit puree product. They’re all natural, no sugar added and completely delicious. They come in 5 different flavors, but the Pear Caramel flavor (made with 1/2 a pear, 1 apple, 1/2 banana) is my favorite.

Mark my words: all food will be eaten this way in the future.

10 Responses to “all food will be eaten this way in the future”

1. Gene says:

LOVE that packaging design!
    Now, dammit, why don’t they sell it in California? So much easier than, you know, picking it off the tree in the backyard.

Vivat Slavko!

3. Jon Land says:

I’m too lazy to drink through a straw, do they make this in an IV bag?

4. Jon says:

It actually is suspiciously like an IV bag. If you hang it upside down and hook it up to your arm, I just assume it will work. I mean, why wouldn’t it?

5. Leo says:

5 servings? Sorry, but WTF? I know you need 400 grams of fruit a day. So 5 servings means more or less eating 5 strawberries…5 apples are easily 1 kilogram…

In The Netherlands they recommend 2 servings a day. 2 real servings, like, 2 apples.

The U.S. National Institutes of Health list serving sizes on their food exchange list. One cup of fresh berries = one small apple = one serving.

Well, obviously that’s because Americans are 2.5 times the volume of the Dutch.

8. Jon Land says:

Jon, I’m too lazy to turn things upside down. I need them pre-rotated for me. For the record, I’m not typing this, my secretary is. (Hi everyone! – Jon’s Secretary) I’m currently in my fetal fluid aquarium hovering and communicating telepathically with my secretary. (That’s me!) I hope she doesn’t realize I’m too lazy to write her a check for her work. (WHAT!?!?)

All food will be eaten this way in the future? MMMMMM… delicious potato and meat gravy bag.

e4b’s description of bananas (which are in all the flavors except for kiwi) concludes this way:

“… and because they have very many carbon hydrates, they are very nutritious.”