jerry taylor is kind of a jerk

March 25th, 2006

One of the downsides of releasing software for free is that as a result, a lot of people also expect you to provide free email tech support for their weird problems. However, one of the benefits of releasing software for free is that you don’t actually have to help them. Having said that, I usually write people back as long as they are only slightly polite in their emails — and the people responsible for the linux distribution available at centos.org are clearly even nicer than I am, as they corresponded with professional jerk Jerry Taylor to troubleshoot his ISP’s unconfigured Apache installation far past the point when I would have told him “sorry about your luck”.

6 Responses to “jerry taylor is kind of a jerk”

1. Nate says:

Wow. Just wow. I see that the test page is still there:

The second strike comes with http://www.tuttle-ok.gov/ . It uses comic sans.

Nate, thanks for the heads up. For some reason Comic Sans isn’t on my machine.

I actually was going to comment about the Comic Sans thing, but I’m going to write the dude an email demanding that he remove Comic Sans from my computer.

You know, I’ve been thinking about this: this guy was hired by the town of Tuttle, OK. Hired by them to manage the town’s affairs. And he’s fucked up real good, entirely by being an asshole. He was an asshole one time too many, and has done it for the world to see. Can you imagine what it’s like to work for this guy?

Kafka called people like this “petty tyrants”.

You know what’s awesome? This.

5. Jason says:

I don’t think his last name is actually “Tuttle”….

… it’s “Buttle”. Ah no, sorry, it’s “Taylor.”

Ooop thanks Jason for the correction *and* the “Brazil” reference. Fixed.